Let me make a few guesses about you:
- You are currently working as a permanent staff in a company.
- You work for the monthly paycheck to pay your bills.
- You are tired of your 9-5 job but you have no idea what will happen when you stop working.
- You are looking to build passive income but you have no idea where to start.
I know right? It is so easy to just live with a paycheck and look forward to the next big fat bonus.
But is this really what you want?
Or do you want to…
- Do anything jobs you like without worrying about your bills for next few years
- Have more flexibility and control in your time
- Like what Robert T. Kiyosaki said, “get out of the rat race”
thegeekwallet.com is a space for me to share my journey to “get out of the rat race” before it is too late. It is a place for me and you to start building up financial intelligence and mind our own businesses.
If you really want to know more about me, I’m a cybersecurity professional in my late 20s and I love to code. I love to develop software but I also like to take them apart. Oh and if I’m not in front of my computer, I am actually dancing in the snow.
Ironically, coding let you have control of what you want the end-product to behave. On the other hand, I find it increasingly difficult to have control of my own time. Isn’t it so ridiculous to work so hard and burn your time off just for other people’s big fat bonus?
Like the Chinese saying: to strike while the iron is hot. I will make use of my skill set to break me away from my office job.
I started by selling on Carousell, Qoo10, and Shopee. There are so many things to learn in e-commerce. You have to generate leads, build a strategy and source for products. I am also making use of my love for coding to build a website for our own brand.
On my way to work every morning, I also research and read about investment. Well, not your typical stocks, bonds or cryptocurrency. I read about website investment. When the time is right, I hope I can share more about this portfolio.
This is not the story of investing your money. This is also not the story of striking the next potential STI. This is the story of how my Macbook, my skills and I will eventually work out seamlessly to achieve the same objective.
Now, the question is: Are you ready to join me on this journey?